Friday, February 17, 2012

Are sweatpants the new sexy?

Ah, sweatpants. How can you love something so much and hate it at the same time? Being a stay-at-home-mom of two adorable children, my life revolves around the super sexy sweatpant. Now, I would absolutely love to be one of those moms who wakes up early to get ready with cute hair, the perfect outfit picked out and time to put on make-up. But nope, I try to get in as much sleep as I can, feed the kids, and then try to squeeze in about 20 minutes to shower and get ready before the kids start whining. I'm lucky to be able to get some concealor on before my 3 year old starts complaining about something. Now dont get me wrong, I do own other clothes besides sweatpants but come on, who doesn't love to be cozy? And besides my kids, who else really sees me and cares about how I look? Oh yeah, my husband does. How he use to love coming home to a put together wife with nice blonde hair, cute outfits, and shaved legs. This of course was before children. Now, he comes home to a wife with her hair in a ponytail (which is more of my natural dark blonde color than the light blinde I use to sport), her carefully chosen sweatpants and some sort of cozy t-shirt, and sometimes non-shaved legs. Poor guy. But in my defense, running around after two kids all day exhausts a woman out! I think my resolution this year should have been to get rid of my sweatpant look and start looking like a sexy mama! Hmm...maybe next year!

DISCLAIMER: On date night, sweats are not worn. I actually get about an hour to spend time getting ready while the hubs entertains the kids. And I do clean up nicely if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment